This hall operated from the 1920's thru the 1950's. The big bands of the day played here, back where there were hotels (the Island Lake Hotel being a notable example) and cabin rentals in the area. The area was also serviced by the train back in the old days and there was a station nearby. Pretty much all of that is gone now. There was even a "Purple Gang" mob connection to the place.
It was originally known as the Island Lake Pavilion and Jean Goldkette Ballroom. Eventually the place became a roller rink which seemed to be a common idea with many of these old ballrooms. There was a catastrophic fire in 1964 so the ballroom was demolished the following year. The lot is now occupied by a private home. Even though the place is gone, the local residents celebrate the place with small concerts commemorating the place in the old town hall.