Source: Richard Kraemer / WaterWinterWonderland
The Opera House was opened in 1901 with a production of "The Minister's Son". It was designed by Oscar Cobb & Son of Chicago. The seating capacity was 700. It had an orchestra pit, balcony, a gallery and upholstered seats. Illumination was from 500 incandescent lights. The stage was 30' x 50'. The president was William J. Comwell. There are more details in the article posted below. The Opera House was damaged by high winds in 1930. That and the depression kept it closed. The building was razed in 1933.