The last big dance pavilion, Crystal Palace Ballroom, built in 1925, was able to handle more than 2500 dancers. Its popularity continued through the 1950's due to the performances held there by the big dance bands, such as Bob Crosby, Lawrence Welk, Jimmy Dorsey and the Benny Goodman orchestra. [Southwest Michigan Business and Tourism Directory]
The Crystal Palace was destroyed by fire before it even opened in 1925 but was rebuilt in record time by local residents. The fire on Feb 22 1963 destroyed the old pavilion permanently however. It is now a residential lot with a big back yard where the pavilion once stood.