This pavilion goes back to the 20's. It was destroyed by fire in 1937. It once housed a movie theater and a barber shope.
The Avery Beach Hotel was built on North Shore Drive in the 1880s. Destroyed by fire in 1907, the Avery Beach Pavilion replaced it in 1913. Vacationers and locals enjoyed its dance hall. Known as the "Big Casino," it housed a movie theater. Its dance floor was later converted to a roller-skating rink. The building burned down in 1937.